My Blog List

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Get to planning

Do you grocery shop once a week? Do the laundry pretty regularly? If you're a mom like me, these two tasks are part of your life as you prepare for another week of life in your house. Preparing ahead of time is crucial. Nothing worse than your 6 year old needing a certain shirt of for school one day just to realize it's in the laundry. Sure you could Fabreeze it but sometimes it's mid wash-cycle. So we prepare ahead of time....right?

Prior to baby number three I was still working as a Crossfit coach and often I talked to my athletes about food prep. Grocery shopping for all the weeks food and then taking a couple of hours, say on Sunday, and prep foods to be used during the week. Wash and cut up all veggies so they are easy to grab and go, decide how much meat you'll need for lunches during the week and cook it all then package it up and make it another grab and go item in the fridge. Simple, right? You'd be amazed how many people struggle with this.

I guess what it boils down to is what is REALLY important to you? Is eating healthy important? Do you have goals to eat better?

Right now my current goal is to get back into the gym. Ya, I've got my own gym at home in the garage but equipment is limited. Not to mention, I NEED to be around other CrossFitters and coaches, it feeds my addiction!

The mass amount of planning just to get to the gym is overwhelming sometimes. Planning for dinner so we can eat as soon as we get home from the gym, making sure the baby's eating and sleep schedule flows well enough to make it to class, getting the 6 year old's homework done right away, doing the usual housework and errands...all of which looks rather simple in black and white but juggling a fussy 2 month old baby REALLY has you question your goals!

Get rid of those excuses, folks. It'll be an uphill battle with good days and epic bad ones but stay the course. Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

1 comment:

April said...

Im glad Im not the only one who's kids tell me the night before they need something and its in the washing machine..your doing Great by the way! Keep it up!