My Blog List

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Journey's start with baby steps...here we go...

My friend, Sally, says that blogging is easy...that it will "write itself". I'm hoping that she's right because I honestly don't want a relationship with the computer, I want relationships with people.

I guess as my virgin post I should lay some foundation work...but where to start? Maybe I'll plant a seed in your minds first off, I need a motto for my blog, a theme. Go ahead, ponder over it and get back to me....3-2-1-GO!

Currently I'm on a journey. A journey with many layers/levels/challenges. I'm on Day 3 of my 21-day food as fuel challenge. Basically it's the Paleo diet on crack.

Who's scratching their heads at this point already? Pal-eo wha???

Allow me to nut-shell it here....5 food "groups":
lean meats
veggies
fruit
nuts
seeds

Nothing processed. Fresh only. If it will rot within a week, buy it!

It's going quite well (thank you for asking!). I have TONS of energy, my workouts are going great (and considering I'm "recovering" from an injury/condition, this is such a blessing!).

Maybe on a later post I'll cover this diet more in greater detail....

I think this might be enough for me today, baby steps sometimes are a good thing!

Look for future posts about my journey with Crossfit, being an athlete and coach at two AWESOME affiliates.....my continuing recovery on the bulging disc in my neck....my LOVE for finding the perfect Paleo recipe (remember, abs are made in the KITCHEN NOT in the GYM!!!!)....my quest to raise my boys knowing God, loving others, eating well and FOR PETE'S SAKE---CLEANING UP AFTER THEMSELVES! Plus, my ever growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ....in addition to supporting my husband on his third deployment--remember, if you aren't willing to stand up behind our troops, go ahead and stand IN FRONT of them!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I'm the first one....but anyway. I'll probably be following this quite regularly. You know, to see what's up with you and all. Miss you girl!

aprilgenther said...

Nice! I'm diggin' it so far, girl! I'm looking forward to future posts and getting to know you a little better. I feel like we met too late while I was at Hood. I think if I was still there we would be having some great times together. This will help fill the void. Haha. Keep up the good work!